C by GE Sol Lamp Sweepstakes RULES
LIVE’s C by GE Sol Lamp Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
VOID IN GUAM, PUERTO RICO AND ALL OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Description: LIVE’s C by GE Sol Lamp Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins on November 14, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. eastern time (“ET”) and ends on November 17, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. ET (“Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s computer shall be the official clock for purposes of the Sweepstakes and all times (as hereinafter defined) refer to ET.
2. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is only open to persons who are permanent legal residents of the fifty (50) states of the U.S. and the District of Columbia (“D.C.”) (excluding Guam, Puerto Rico, and all other U.S. territories and possessions) or permanent legal residents of Canada (excluding the province of Quebec) who are currently physically located therein, and who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of entry. Entrants must have either a valid Social Security number, a valid U.S. personal tax identification number and/or a Social Insurance Number for Canadian residents. Employees of Buena Vista Television, LLC (“Sponsor”), American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., WABC-TV, LIVE with Kelly and Ryan (“Show”), Disney *ABC Domestic Television, Enteractive Solutions Group, Inc. (“Sweepstakes Administrator”), participating stations, stations airing the Show, their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of the Sweepstakes, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, franchisees, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers, any other person or entity associated with the Sweepstakes (collectively "Sweepstakes Entities") and/or members of their immediate families (i.e. a spouse, domestic partner, child, sibling, parent) and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, whether or not related, are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes.
4. Prize/Odds of Winning: One (1) prize will be awarded: Winner will receive one (1) C by GE Sol all-in-one WiFi smart light with voice control awarded in the form of a voucher (selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion) (“Prize”). Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Prize: $199.99 U.S. Dollars (“USD”). Odds of winning the Prize depends on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Once verified, the winner will receive a voucher via email from representatives of C by GE Sol (sent to the email he/she provided on his/her Entry), that will contain instructions for redeeming the Prize at www.cbyge.com/live by December 8, 2017. If the winner is a resident of Canada, the Prize will be awarded in the form of a check issued in the winner’s name for the value of $200.00 USD. The Prize voucher cannot be exchanged/redeemed for cash (unless a winner is from Canada) or combined with any other offer and is subject to stated terms and conditions. No transfer or substitution of the Prize, except that Sponsor (in its sole discretion) may substitute the Prize with one (1) of equal or greater value due to Prize unavailability for any reason. All expenses associated with the receipt or use of the Prize not specifically mentioned as being included are excluded and are the winner’s sole responsibility, including but not limited to any applicable customs fees and/or upgrades. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to replace any merchandise with a newer model or version of same; but, in such event, Sponsor will continue to use the value of the “old” (i.e. replaced) item for purposes of calculating the ARV. The Prize and Prize notification will only be mailed/shipped to street addresses in the U.S., D.C., and/or Canada (excluding Quebec) provided by the entrant in his/her Entry Information. Any depictions of the Prize in Sweepstakes materials (or otherwise) are for illustrative purposes only. All federal, state/provincial, or other tax liabilities (including but not limited to income taxes or sales taxes) arising from participation in the Sweepstakes or award of the Prize will be the sole responsibility of the winner (if applicable). If the winner is a resident of a state that deems him/her to be a Minor, his/her Prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent/legal guardian. Final eligibility for the award of the Prize is subject to eligibility verification, other conditions, and requirements as set forth in these Official Rules.
5. Drawing and Notification of the Winner: The potential winner will be randomly selected from all eligible Entries received in a drawing to be held on or about November 20, 2017 (“Drawing Date”) in Burbank, CA by the Sweepstakes Administrator, an independent compliance organization. The potential winner (or his/her parent/legal guardian if potential winner resides in a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a Minor) will be notified by telephone at the phone number listed on his/her Entry on or about the Drawing Date. The potential winner (or his/her parent/legal guardian if the potential winner resides in a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a Minor) will be required to complete a Telephone Eligibility Questionnaire administered by Sweepstakes Administrator over the telephone. If a Canadian resident is selected as the winner, he/she must correctly answer a time based, mathematical skill-testing question administered by telephone without assistance or mechanical or electronic aid to be eligible for the Prize. If a selected Canadian potential winner cannot be reached within three (3) business days of the first attempt to administer the skill-testing question, or he/she cannot correctly answer the time based mathematical skill testing question, he/she may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If the potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort within a three (3) business day period, such potential winner will be disqualified, and an alternate potential winner may be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If the potential winner is found to be ineligible, if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, and/or if his/her Prize notification documents or requirements are incomplete, or returned as undeliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
7. Disclaimers: Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible or liable for Entries that are entered by methods other than human means (such as by an automated computer program or any non-human mechanism, entity, bot or device), in excess of the stated limit, or for Entries that are illegible, late, tampered with, forged, incomplete, misdirected, deleted, damaged, lost, misplaced, stolen, destroyed, dropped, inaccessible, corrupted, jumbled, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, and such Entries will be disqualified. Once submitted, Entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. By submitting an Entry into this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees and releases Sweepstakes Entities and their respective agencies, officers, directors, and employees or any other company or person(s) providing the Prize from any and all liability/responsibility with respect to the Prize awarded and/or participation in this Sweepstakes (including without limitation any property loss, damage, personal injury, or death); disputes over answers to mathematical skill test questions (if a Canadian winner); human error; incorrect or inaccurate transcription of Entry Information; Websites incompatibility with mobile, hand-held or tablet devices; acceptance/possession, use/misuse, and/or defects of the Prize awarded herein; typographical errors in Sweepstakes promotional material; fraudulent (including unauthorized) voucher uses made with lost, stolen, misplaced, or a misappropriated voucher, incomplete including inaccurate voucher database information and canceled voucher uses; any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, satellite, computer online system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, internet service provider; interruption or inability to access the Sweepstakes, the Websites (or Sponsor’s inability to access content on the Websites), the Entry form,, or any online service via the internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; wireless network dead zones or obstructions; any damage to an entrant’s (or any third person’s) computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of this Sweepstakes or from entering or downloading materials/software in connection with the Sweepstakes; any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, defects, or elements of the Sweepstakes or any other errors or malfunctions even if caused by the negligence of one of the Sweepstakes Entities. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook and Facebook is completely released of all liability by each entrant in this Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity that may be caused by or have contributed to (i) any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any entity or any of their agents, servants, employees, Prize suppliers (if applicable) or independent contractors; (ii) any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of Sponsor; or (iii) any other cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of the Sweepstakes Entities. Entrants further agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Sweepstakes Entities, and hereby acknowledge that said Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by the Prize supplier that are sent along with the Prize. The failure of Sponsor to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, strike, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of Sponsor (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations) or other force majeure event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
8. GOVERNING LAW, JURISDICTION, ARBITRATION: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to (i) the Sweepstakes, (ii) the awarding or redemption of the Prize, and/or (iii) the determination of the scope or applicability of these Official Rules or their enforcement or interpretation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of California, U.S. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement, its enforcement, arbitrability or interpretation shall be submitted to final and binding arbitration, to be held in Los Angeles County, California, U.S. before a single arbitrator, in accordance with California Code of Civil Procedure §§ 1280 et seq. The arbitrator shall be selected by mutual agreement of Sponsor and the entrant or entrants bringing forth the controversy or claim, which to the extent permissible must be brought individually and not as part of a class/group (collectively, the “Parties”) or, if the Parties cannot agree, then by striking from a list of arbitrators supplied by the American Arbitration Association or JAMS/Endispute. The arbitration shall be a confidential proceeding, closed to the general public. The arbitrator shall issue a written opinion stating the essential findings and conclusions upon which the arbitrator’s award is based. The Parties will share equally in payment of the arbitrator’s fees and arbitration expenses and any other costs unique to the arbitration hearing (recognizing that each side bears its own deposition, witness, expert and attorneys’ fees and other expenses to the same extent as if the matter were being heard in court). Entrant agrees that his/her claim will be resolved individually, exclusively by arbitration, without resort to any form of class action. Each entrant further agrees that any claim/judgment/award in such arbitration shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in the Sweepstakes and in no event will entrants be permitted to obtain attorneys' fees or other legal costs; and, under no circumstances, will an entrant be entitled to awards. Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. Should any term of this Section be deemed by a tribunal of competent jurisdiction void, unenforceable or contrary to law, such term shall, but only to the extent necessary to bring this section within the requirements of law, be deemed to be severed from the other terms of these Official Rules, and the remainder of these Official Rules shall be given effect as if it had not included the severed term herein. THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL WITH RESPECT TO ALL CLAIMS AND ISSUES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT WHETHER SOUNDING IN CONTRACT OR TORT, AND INCLUDING ANY CLAIM FOR FRAUDULENT INDUCEMENT THEREOF.
9. Rules/Winner Information: To receive a copy of the Official Rules or the Winner Information, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: LIVE’s C by GE Sol Lamp Sweepstakes “Rules” or “Winner” (specify which), 77 West 66th Street, New York, NY 10023 U.S. Official Winner Information available after November 20, 2017. All requests must be received by January 17, 2018.
10. Sponsor: Buena Vista Television, LLC, 500 South Buena Vista Street, Burbank, CA 91521-0224 U.S.
11. Sweepstakes Administrator: Enteractive Solutions Group, Inc. (“ESG”), P.O. Box 7398, Burbank, CA 91510-7398 U.S. Sweepstakes Administrator is not the supplier or guarantor of the Prize.
Official Rules ©2017-2018 ESG. Participants may copy these Official Rules for personal use only and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever. All rights reserved.