Shayna Banana Bread Recipe (GF & Sugar Free)
Ingredients for Banana Bread:
- 1 cup organic freshly grind almond butter (unsalted)
- 1 cup mashed, very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 whole organic eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine Celtic salt or sea salt
- 1 tablespoon organic Pumpkin Pie Spice*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of organic alcohol free vanilla extract
- Optional dark chocolate chips (not sweetened)
Ingredients for crumble topping:
- Organic banana chips (**home made or store bought). Very chopped
- 1/3 cup very chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup very chopped pecans
- To make a good crumble, make sure they are chopped into smaller pieces!
- 1 1/2 teaspoons organic alcohol free vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon organic coconut oil (melted)
*Note: You can make your own Pumpkin Pie Spice by using 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, and 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg instead.
For crumble topping:
Put chopped pecans, walnuts and banana chips into a bowl- add a touch of melted coconut oil and vanilla extra. Toss until evenly coated. Set aside.
Preheat your oven to 350F In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix until a smooth batter is formed, folding in the chocolate chips last, if desired.
Pour mixture into a non stick bread pan. Then add crumble evenly over the top!
Bake for 30-45 minutes at 350F use the old tooth pick trick! It is easy to check a cake or bread for doneness by using the toothpick test. Just stick a toothpick into the center of your banana bread, If there is wet batter still on the toothpick , it needs more time in the oven. If it comes out clean, your cake is done!
Let cool in pan- then remove & enjoy :)
**Homemade banana chips recipe:
To easily make baked banana chips, arrange a single layer of banana slices (better if ripe bananas) on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, and squeeze lemon juice over them. Bake your banana slices at 175 °F (79 °C) for one hour, or cook thicker banana slices for up to 3 hours. Let your banana chips cool!