< Back To All Recipes
Chef Nicholas Elmi’s VIP Cheesesteak Sandwich
- 1 white onion (chopped)
- 1 cup beef fat
- Beef - 8 oz. ribeye (should be frozen and sliced thin preferably on a deli slicer)
- Season the meat well with salt
- Sear beef in a piping hot cast iron pan for 1 minute or until cooked
- Heat pan on high heat with beef fat, once fat is shimmering, add the chopped onions
- Be sure to stir and coat the onions in the fat.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until crispy on the edges.
- Strain the fat from the onions.
- Season onions with salt.
To Assemble Cheesesteak
1 tbl. chopped pickled cherry peppers
1 Amoroso Italian roll 6 or 8 inch
3 tbl. of cheese sauce
1 tbl. butter
Melt the butter on a griddle. Open the roll and toast cut side down until golden. Spread cheese on roll. Top with sliced beef, then the onions, then the peppers.