< Back To All Recipes
Dr. Melina Jampolis’ Mom’s Spicy Turkey Chili
Makes 1 serving
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 (28 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Spray a large pot or skillet with spray cooking oil.
- Brown turkey and drain off any fat.
- Add chili powder, cayenne pepper, cumin, salt and pepper to turkey and continue to cook for several minutes while stirring constantly.
- Add diced tomatoes and pinto beans to seasoned turkey and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To make chili thinner add ½ cup of water while simmering.