TUC’s Buckingham Palace’s English Meat Pie
If you want to make dough from scratch use a classic Pate Brisee recipe – for a simple and easy pie use a commercial frozen crust.
1cups chopped apples
½ cup raisins
1 large orange, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
¼ tsp salt
Dash of ground cloves
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
Dash ground nutmeg
¼ cup sugar
2 tbsp pineapple juice
¼ cup sorghum
1 cup pork/beef cooking liquid or beef broth (you may substitute good commercial mincemeat for the above items)
3 cups cup ground pork/beef cooked/ground turkey
2 cup heavy cream
¼ tsp white pepper
6 ounce stilton cheese crumbled
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
1. Mix first 11 ingredients – this can be stored in refrigerator or frozen until ready to use.
2. Mix mincemeat mixture with pork or beef.
3. Mix well eggs, cream, white pepper in a mixing bowl.
4. Fill pie crust with pork/beef/ mincemeat mixture.
5. Top with blue cheese.
6. Drizzle egg mixture until full.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes then reduce heat to 350 and bake for 25 minutes until golden and filling setting.
Allow to rest for 5 minutes then cut and serve.