Annie Barsalou’s Poutine Fries
½ lb. Russet Potatoes fries
Canola Oil – enough to fill a fryer
6 oz. Cheddar Cheese Curd (room temperature)
6 oz. Poutine gravy*
1 liter 16 oz. chicken broth
3 - 4 tsp concentrated beef stock
3 tsp of BBQ seasoning
3 tbls of corn starch
- Bring the 3 first ingredients to a boil, slowly add corn starch and whisk until it gets thicker.
- Pre-heat a deep fryer with Canola oil to 285 degrees.
- Add fries and cook for 6 - 8 minutes. Make sure that the fries are cooked on the inside but not browned on the outside.
- Remove fries from oil and increase fryer temperature to 325 degrees.
- When the fryer has reached 325 degrees add the basket of fries for a second fry and cook for an additional 3 minutes until the fries are crispy and golden.
- Transfer hot fries to a plate, top with room temperature cheese curds and add hot gravy on top of the curds.
- Serve immediately