Chef Beau MacMillan’s Blue Corn Fried Shrimp With Poblano Truffle Aioli
Corn Fried Shrimp
12 U8 Mexican Gulf Shrimp
1 Cup Buttermilk
2 Cups Blue Corn Flour
2 Tbsp Cumin
1 Tsp Chili Powder
Salt and Pepper to taste
Pablano Truffle Aioli
3 Cloves Garlic
1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
1 Whole Pablano pepper, deseeded and chopped
1 Whole Egg
5 Sprigs Cilantro
1 Cup Blended Oil
2 Tsp Lemon Juice
Salt to taste
Truffle Oil to taste
1. Soak shrimp in buttermilk for 5-10 minutes
2. Combine flour, cumin, salt, and pepper.
3. Remove shrimp from the buttermilk and dredge in flour mixture.
4. Heat fryer oil to 330 degrees and fry until golden, crispy, can cooked through.
5. Remove from oil and place on paper towel lined plate and season with salt.
1. Place garlic, mustard, cilantro, peppers, and egg in a blender and pulse to combine.
2. With the blender on medium speed, slowly add blended oil until the aioli emulsifies.
3. Remove from the blender and finish with lemon juice and truffle oil.