Cristina Macias’ Santa Fe Fajitas
1 Orange, thinly sliced with the peel
4 Garlic Cloves, minced
1 1/2 Onion, thinly sliced
2 1/4 lb Skirt Steak (and /or Chicken and /or Shrimp)
2t New Mexico Red Chile Powder
1 Cup Light Beer
1/2 C Soy Sauce
1 Red Bell Pepper, stemmed, seeded, sliced lengthwise into strips
1 Orange Bell Pepper, stemmed, seeded, sliced lengthwise into strips
1 Yellow Bell Pepper, stemmed, seeded, sliced lengthwise into strips
1 Green Bell Pepper, stemmed, seeded, sliced lengthwise into strips
ChicaGrill Tangy & Zesty BBQ Sauce
1/4C Cider Vinegar
1/4C Lemon Juice
1/4C Brown Sugar
1/2T Mustard Powder
1/4C Onion, minced
1 /8C Worcestershire Sauce
1t Soy Sauce
Garlic, to taste, minced
Salt, to taste
Red Pepper Flakes, to taste
In saucepan, combine all ingredients and simmer
1. In either a Gallon Ziplock bag or a wide, shallow baking dish, scatter half of the orange slices, half of
the garlic pieces and a quarter of the onion slices on the bottom of the bag or dish.
2. Season the steak (or chicken or shrimp) all over with salt and pepper, cumin and New Mexico Red
Chile Powder and put in the bag or dish on top of the orange and onion slices.
3. Spread the remaining orange, garlic and quarter more of the sliced onion over the steak and pour in
the beer and soy sauce.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate for 1 hour at room temperature or up to overnight in the
5. Prepare your griddle or grill on medium-high heat.
6. Grill up your bell peppers and onion until tender crisp, about 5 minutes. Leave on the warm side of
the griddle or remove from the grill.
7. Remove the steak (or chicken or shrimp) from the marinade and discard the marinade.
8. Grill the steak to your linking and desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
9. Cut steak into thin strips against the grain.
10. Serve with Guacamole and Blue Corn Chips, ChicaGrill BBQ Sauce, Salsa, Sour Cream, Corn or
Flour tortillas, Shredded Cheese...the possibilities are endless!