Feel Good Foodie Yumna Jawad’s Vegetable Frittata
1/4 cup full fat yogurt optional
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese divided
¼ cup red onions chopped
1 cup mushrooms chopped
8-10 stalks asparagus ends trimmed and chopped
¼ cup cilantro chopped
½ cup cherry tomatoes sliced
1. Instead of yogurt, you can use any kind of milk that needs to be used up.
2. Use up any shredded cheese; especially if you have cheese you shred yourself, which only lasts 5-7 days. You can also use feta or blue cheese.
3. While I don’t add any leafy greens in this recipe, it’s very common to use fresh spinach or kale (which can wilt after 5-7 days)
4. Other vegetables you can add to frittata:
· Broccoli, cauliflower
· Potatoes or sweet potatoes
· Bell peppers
· Green beans
· Brussel sprouts
1. Preheat the oven to 425° degrees.
2. Whisk together the egg, yogurt, half the shredded mozzarella cheese and salt & pepper; set mixture aside.
3. Heat olive oil in an oven safe pan or cast iron pan. Add onions, mushrooms and asparagus and cook for 3-5 minutes until the vegetables soften.
4. Pour the egg mixture on top of the cooked vegetables. Place sliced cherry tomatoes on top and add the remaining cheese.
5. Bake uncovered in the preheated oven until the center is set, and not jiggly, about 10-15 minutes