Joanne Molinaro’s Roasted Doenjang-Glazed Onions
Serves 8 to 12
2 large white onions, sliced into ⅓-inch-thick rings
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons doenjang
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 475°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place the sliced onions in a large bowl and season them with salt and pepper.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, doenjang, and vinegar until smooth. Add the dressing to the large bowl of onions and mix with your hands or a large spoon until the onions are evenly coated.
4. Arrange the onions on the lined baking sheet. Do not overcrowd the baking sheet—use two baking sheets if necessary.
5. Transfer the onions to the oven and roast for 25 minutes. Flip the onions and cook until they are golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes longer.