Mark Consuelos’ Sizzling Beef Fajitas with Kelly Ripa’s Famous Guacamole
1 1/2 pounds skirt steak
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1-tablespoon pure chili powder
1-teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 limes (juice)
1/2 cup of cilantro
1/2 cup of Sherry Vinegar
1 Chipotle Pepper (secret ingredient)
1 green bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
2 cups sour cream
2 cups guacamole * see Kelly's Recipe
2 cups salsa
18 small flour tortillas
1. Put skirt steaks in a non-reactive baking dish. Add the salt, cumin, garlic and onion powders, chili powder, coriander, black pepper, sherry vinegar, cilantro, lime juice and chipotle pepper (secret ingredient) in a bowl and mix well. Pour this mixture over the meat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat grill (temperature should be high).
3. Grill peppers until charred on all sides, turning, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board, wrap in tin foil, until cool, then peel.
4. Grill the onions until nicely browned, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
5. Unwrap the peppers; scrape off charred skin of pepper with a knife. Scrape out the seeds, and cut into thin inch strips. Cut the onions into pieces.
6. Grill skirt steaks to taste (3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare). Slice when done.
7. Place the tortillas on grill (15 seconds per side).
To serve, place steak and vegetables on a tortilla. Add guacamole, sour cream, and salsa on top. Wrap and eat.
Kelly's Famous Guacamole:
1/2 Vidalia Onion finely chopped
1 Lime (juice)
1 Tomato finely chopped
Handful of fresh chopped Cilantro (or to taste)
2 large pinches of salt
Mix all of the above ingredients well.
1 bottle red wine (dry)
1 bottle white wine (dry)
1 cup sugar
mix the above ingredients until the sugar dissolves into the wine and then add...
1 sliced orange
1 sliced green apple
1 sliced red apple
1 sliced lemon
10 strawberries cut in half
2 sliced peaches
let sit for at least 4 hours - overnight (refrigerated)
serve over ice