Rosemary Infused Lemonade
Rosemary simple syrup (click here for recipe
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
2 fresh sprigs rosemary
1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (Meyer, if available)
4 cups water
1. Combine sugar with 1 cup water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
2. Add rosemary to the sugar water, cover, and remove from heat. Let stand at least 15 minutes, or up to 2 hours
3. Strain the mixture if necessary and discard the rosemary. Set aside (or refrigerate)
4. Pour the infusion into a glass pitcher. Add lemon juice and another 4 cups water. Stir.
5. Pour into glasses over ice or refrigerate until ready to drink. Garnish with rosemary sprigs if desired.
Optional: Muddle frozen or fresh blackberries in a pitcher with a little lemonade, then fill remainder with sparkling water. Pour over ice and enjoy.