Shayna Taylor’s Flourless Black Bean Brownie Muffins
• 1 (15 ounce) can of black beans, rinsed and drained
• 3 - 4 eggs (or flax eggs). **1 tablespoon to 3 tablespoons of water. Let sit for 15
min. Equals 1 egg)
• 1/2 cup pure maple syrup (or sub honey)
• 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and cooled
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I prefer alcohol free)
• 1 tablespoon brewed coffee, optional to enhance chocolate flavor
• 1/2 cup high-quality unsweetened cocoa powder (or use cacao powder)
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips, plus 2 tablespoons for sprinkling on top
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with baking liners and
spray the inside of each liner with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Place black beans and 1 egg in food processor and process until beans are well
3. Add two other eggs, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla and coffee; process again
4. Next add in cocoa powder, baking powder and salt; process once more until
smooth. Next fold in 1/3 cup of chocolate chips.
5. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips
evenly among the tops of each muffin batter.
6. Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffins
comes out clean. Place on wire rack to cool for 10 minutes, then remove muffins
from tin and transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
7. Keep muffins for a day at room temperature, then transfer to fridge and place in
an airtight container.