Truckin’ Amazing Cook-off: The Sunflower Truck Stop: Mobile Cafe Roast Sweet Potato Quesadilla with Quinoa
3lb. Sweet Potato
2 Cup Quinoa, cooked per package instructions
1/2 Cup whole raw Pumpkin Seeds
4 Cup Cheese, freshly grated Monterey Jack, ideally something local
1 Cup Queso Fresco, crumbled
12 Whole Wheat Tortillas (or your tortilla of preference)
Salsa - store purchase or make your own fresh salsa
1 cup Sour Cream
1 teaspoon Cumin. Can be freshly ground from toasted Cumin seed
2 cup Salad greens
1 tablespoon Canola oil
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees.
2. Place pumpkin seeds on a sheet pan and toast in oven 5-10 minutes checking at 5 minutes for doneness and stir so they will evenly toast allow to cool and set aside.
3. Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and place in oven to roast. Check after 30 minutes to check doneness. Depending on the size of your potatoes they may need more time. Roast until soft and a knife passes easily thru potato. Allow to cool to touch then remove skins and place potatoes in a large bowl.
4. Stir in quinoa, pumpkin seed, Monterey jack, and queso fresco. Set aside.
5. Mix sour cream and cumin together. Set aside.
6. Preheat a griddle.
7. On a surface arrange 6 tortillas and spread a large spoonful of the sweet potato mixture on each tortilla. Top with a second tortilla to form a quesadilla.
8. Brush the grill with a small amount of oil and place tortillas on the griddle making sure not to crowd them. When they are toasted flip and toast the other side. Remove.
9. Cut each tortilla into fourths and serve with cumin sour cream, salsa, and salad greens.