Truckin’ Amazing Cook-off: What the FORK Truck Pulled Pork Tacos
Ingredients Cole Slaw:
2 cup Shredded red cabbage
1 cup Shredded carrots
1 cup Mayo
1/4 cup White vinegar
1.5 tbsp Sriracha
1 tbsp ginger
1 tsp white pepper
Season to Taste with Mixed peppercorn blend
Mix mayo, vinegar, sriracha, ginger and pepper in small mixing bowl, reserve.
(1) 8.5 oz can Peaches in heavy syrup, drained.
1/4 cup BBQ sauce
1.5 tsp Ginger
2 tsp brown sugar
Mix well in food processor, refrigerate overnight
one whole bone in or boneless pork shoulder, Rubbed generously 2 Cups Montreal Steak Seasoning and place into smoker for 4-5 hours or until desired bark is obtained. Cool in refrigerator overnight.
Or use a pre made store bought smoked pulled pork shoulder without sauce or you can always use your own pork recipe.
Small sweet potato: (6 oz)
julienne cut, skin on. Fry at 300 for 8 minutes. Increase heat to 375 and cook until crunchy ( 30 seconds), drain with paper towel and salt to taste, reserve.
(8) 6" Corn/Flour Shells
1. Make the Cole Slaw – set it aside
2. Make the Candy sauce – set it aside
3. Make the Sweet Potato fries and put them in the fryer
4. Talk about the main ingredient – Pork Butt – what can you use?
5. Heat oil in small non-stick frying pan. Pull cooled pork into fine sections.
6. Toss Cole Slaw wet mix with cabbage and carrots and place 1/4 cup in each shell.
7. Add 4oz hot pork and drizzle 1-2oz candy sauce.
8. Top with sweet potato straws and serve!